When I last posted, I asked my loyal readers and book friends to help me name my newest character, this beautiful Pomeranian. I'm happy to share more than 100 people participated and shared not only their recommended names but their puppy stories as well. Thanks to everyone.
Before moving forward to Part Two of the 'Help me Find my Furever Name' contest, I'd like to share a little of the history of the Pomeranian breed. NOTE: I personally do not own a Pomeranian. But I am devoting the same effort, energy and resources into the development and creation of my new puppy as I do in creating a new setting or character. As an author this kind of research is one of the things I like most about writing a new book.
Did you know that the Pomeranian...
Combines a tiny body (no more than seven pounds) and a commanding big-dog demeanor?
Has an abundant double coat, with its frill extending over the chest and shoulders, comes in almost two dozen colors, and various patterns and markings, but is most commonly seen in orange or red?
Is alert and intelligent, and easily trained?
Is active but can be exercised with indoor play and short walks, so they are content in both the city and suburbs?
Will master tricks and games with ease, though their favorite activity is providing laughs and companionship to their special human?
It sounds to me as though my new Pom will become one of my kindest characters. What do you think?
'PLEASE NAME ME'
FUREVER CONTEST RULES/REQUIREMENTS
1. Visit my 'pinned' post on my FACEBOOK PAGE.
2. Contest runs through Tuesday, July 30st, 11:59 PM (ET).
3. I've used Random.org to select three of the 'reader nominated names'. THESE SEMI-FINALISTS will receive a FREE copy of one of my books that feature my kindest characters--who just happen to be dog owners.
4. FB followers and readers will be given an opportunity to vote on the semi-finalist names by voting on the 'FUREVER NAME ME' poll (the randomly selected three names) that will be posted on my Facebook page BEGINNING THURSDAY, JULY 19TH.
5. Voting will CONCLUDE TUESDAY JULY 30 TH, 11:59 PM (ET).
6. The Finalist will be notified and the winning name will be WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED IN THE PUBLISHED COPY OF MISSING CHRISTMAS JOY!
In the meantime, I'd love for you to be among the first to PREORDER your copy of A Season of Suspense: A Chandler County Box Set.
Six inspirational, romantic suspense stories about love in the midst of danger, duplicity and a desperate race to outrun the worst winter storm in Chandler County in 15 years.
As Chandler County Christmas festivities loom, so does a storm of epic proportions. It threatens the safety of its residents and visitors alike as they wrestle with emotional, spiritual and psychological dangers that could jeopardize true love, marriage and both new and old relationships.
Can the power of love overcome the biggest of life's storms?
Try it! Take your thoughts off self...why NOT buy or give someone a puppy?